2020 has been a very rough year, in varying degrees, for all of us this year. We've lost loved ones, we haven't seen most of them, we've been lied to countless times by our own governments, and this list goes on. That is not to say that everything's been bad, so I wanted to take some time to list a few things I do appreciate, especially in a year like this.
Occasionally this year, I wrote daily journals (although "occasionally" would hint that it most certainly was not daily!), and at the bottom of each entry was a list of 2 or 3 positive things which happened that day. By themselves, they probably make no sense to readers, but each of these is associated with a particular memory that I am quite fond of. I'm absolutely positive you can come up with a list similar to this.
In no particular order:
- A loving family, despite their issues
- My friends - I need to keep in touch more
- Steam gift from a friend
- Support and resolution from a colleague after a heated argument at work
- Lack of work (due to a slow work day)
- Playing Borderlands with a friend, and talking regularly
- Manager's calm demeanour and understanding
Artists releasing new music during lockdown
- The Beths - Jump Rope Gazers
- Biffy Clyro - A Celebration of Endings
- Bring Me the Horizon - Post Human: Survival Horror
- K/DA - All Out
- Five Finger Death Punch - F8
- Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
- TWICE - Eyes wide open
- Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun
- Discord strangers I can legitimately call friends now
- SpaceX and Starship
- Everyone. I appreciate everyone.
Take the time to appreciate the people around you and, to an extent, the material items you have - nothing lasts forever so don't you ever take them for granted!